656 Maywood Ave.
Retail on Tap-Retail Uncorked
Presented by the Retail Beverage Council of the NC Retail Merchants Association.
Marketing, Promotions, Transportation, Sales, Compliance Issues, Taxes, Worker Safety/Workers Comp and other topics for Wine Shops, Bottle Shops, Tasting Rooms, Tap Rooms, Breweries with Tasting Rooms and others selling wine, beer, and cider presented by the NC Retail Merchants Association.
The Retail Beverage Council of NCRMA provides legislative advocacy, interpretation of compliance and regulatory requirements, marketing/customer service/promotions training, and a central location for NC wine, beer, and cider merchants to exchange ideas.
In addition to saving NC Retailers over $62 million dollars in 2015 alone with their hard fought repeal of the Privilege License Tax, the repeal of contingency audits, and their recent legislation on organized retail crime, these are some of the NCRMA-led legislative campaigns for the wine/beer industry:
- NCRMA wrote the Growler Bill and worked the bill through the Legislature, the ABC Commission and worked on the sanitation rules with the Division of Public Health – 2013
- NCRMA passed the wine tasting bill – 2001 & 2005
- NCRMA passed the malt beverage tasting bill – 2009
- NCRMA assisted in the passage of the wine shop permit –
- NCRMA prevented split case fees from being charged by wholesalers to retailers – 2005
- NCRMA ensured that beer and wine wholesalers had to continue to service all retailers to whom they distributed alcohol to – 2013
- NCRMA worked with the ABC Commission to allow Retailers to utilize coupons and wine clubs over the objection of the Religious Right – 2010
Thank you to our venue hosts and promotions sponsor!